Assembling the distribution Ubuntu, called Ubuntu Go! 11.01. This assembly is based on Ubuntu 10.10. In Ubuntu Go! everything is already set, do not do anything!
Features of Release:
- The assembly includes all the latest updates of Ubuntu on 20 January 2011
- Installed the kernel 6.2.1937-enabled Physical Address Extension (PAE), the kernel patched "200 Interline patch" that increases the responsiveness of the system.
- Building has now become a multilingual, English and Russian languages are installed completely.
- Establish a panel of Cairo Dock.
- Set a default theme Orta and the package of icons Faenza. Added a dark theme Atolm.
- Replaced the wallpaper.
- Added Appendix Ubuntu Go! Apps, which will help you install the necessary software and drivers without Internet access.
- Ubuntu Go! Apps includes the following drivers for video card: Ati Catalyst 10.10 (with full support vSync), Ati Catalyst 10.12, Nvidia linux display driver 260.19.29, all the drivers patched for the new kernel
- Added Appendix Ubuntu Tweak
- Module installed Adobe Flash.
- Installed the package ubuntu-restricted-extras which contains the codecs, flash, java, fonts windows.
- Added package Madwimax, to work with wimax modems.
- The disc contains a local repository.
- Supported the installation of flash drives. Added program UNetbootin v.494 which will help you make a bootable USB flash drive.
- Reviewed the original installer ubuntu.
Applications and games are available in Ubuntu Go! APPs:
APTonCD 0.1.98 "is a convenient tool for storage and transfer of software packages and updates for ubuntu"
GParted 0.6.2 "Editor of disk partitions"
Grub Customizer 2.0.8 "graphical settings manager GRUB"
ISO Master 1.3.7 "Editor for iso-images"
Terminator 0.95 "several terminals in one window
Tilda 0.9.6 "The terminal is similar to the terminal from the game Quake"
Gnome Commander "System" File manager "
Krusader 2.2 "File manager similar to Total Commander"
xNeur 0.9.9.1 "Automatically switch keyboard
Gimp 2.6 "powerful free image editor"
Inkscape 0.48 "Outdoor vector graphics editor that is functionally similar to Illustrator, Freehand, CorelDraw"
Blender 2.49.2 "Free package for creating three-dimensional computer graphics"
Shutter 0.86.3 "program for screenshots from the screen"
QCad 2.0.5 "CAD with open source software for creating cherterzhey engineering and architectural plans"
DarkTable 0.7.1 "application designed to organize the workflow processing of photos"
digiKam 1.4.0 "program for working with digital photos, cataloger and editor
UFRaw 0.16 "utility for reading and processing images from camera"
XSane 0.997 "program for scanning images"
Chromium 8.0 "browser from Google"
Opera 11.0 "Web browser"
Skype 2.1 "Free computer program that allows you to make telephone calls directly from your computer"
Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1.7 "The flexible and powerful email client"
qutIM 0.2 "Client for Unified Messaging"
Licq 1.3.9 "Instant messaging Internet protocol ICQ, XMPP"
MDC 22.214.171.124 "Universal instant messenger with support for protocols, ICQ, Mail.Agent, Jabber"
qBittorrent 2.5.5 "Bittorrent-client"
FileZilla 3.3.3 "FTP-client"
Uget 1.6 "Simple, easy and convenient download manager"
Gnome-PPP 0.3.23 "GUI to set the ppp connection"
WiFi Radar 2.0 "Utility to connect to wireless networks,"
Teamviewer 6.0 "Allows you to access your computer from anywhere on the Internet"
YAGF + cuneiform 0.8.3 "OCR"
AcetoneISO 2.2.2 "GUI for working with images CDDVD drives (Daemon Tools clone for Linux)"
Banshee 1.8.0 "odnin of the most popular players for Ubuntu"
DeaDBeeF 0.4.4 "Very good music player"
Moovida 1.0.9 "Home Media Center
XBMC 10.0 "Home Media Center
SMPlayer 0.6.9 "Their most fastest video player on the planet"
Last.fm 1.5.4 "Listening to the radio last.fm"
Me TV 1.3.1 "Viewer of digital TV DVB"
Project X 0.90 "application for editing and demultiplexing video
OpenShot 1.2.2 "Video Editing"
Gespeaker 0.7 "program allows you to recite the text in many languages with the ability to configure the pronunciation"
SoundConverter 1.4.4 "Audiokonvertor"
WinFF 1.2 "Videokonvertor"
Wine 1.2.2 "Allows you to run windows applications in ubuntu"
VirtualBox 4.0 "virtual machine"
Braid 1.0 "This indie masterpiece, about how in love with a prince, overcome incredible hardships to save the princess"
Cortex Command 1.0 "Great multiplayer arcade-platform shooter with physics"
World of Goo 1.0 "logical computer game with a strong focus on physics"
Revenge of the Titans 1.0 "The original strategy in the genre of tower defense, made in a retro style
Osmos 1.0 "Two-dimensional computer game in the genre of the puzzle"
Before installing, be sure to disconnect the Internet. After the installation is successful, and the desktop appears, insert the media Ubuntu Go! 1.11 to install additional programs by Ubuntu Go! Apps. To work with the stick Ubuntu Go! Apps, change volume label stick on UBUNTU GO
After installing the software and drivers in Ubuntu Go! Apps, should run in a terminal sudo apt-get update
For installation in VirtualBox, do not forget to include in setting up the support PAE. Otherwise, the system will not boot.